5 Tips on How to Pick the Best Office Chair
Based on a 2014 Gallup pole, adults employed full-time in the United States are working an average of 47 hours per week. Nearly 4 in 10 full-time adults poled stated that they worked at least a 50 hours per week. Based on that information full-time employees are working about 2,500 hours per year. Below are 5 tips that will help you decide what makes a good office chair.
- You should be able to reach the ground with your feet: You should be able to place your feet firmly against the floor or use a footrest if they do not reach. Your feet should not be dangling in the air. Proper foot placement will insure comfort.
- When sitting in the chair, your hips, ankles and knees should be at a 90 degree angle. Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips. If not then the chair is too short or too tall for you.
- Office chairs should have adjustments: The seat must adjust up and down, as well as tilt front to back. This is necessary to achieve proper posture when you’re sitting all day. The arm rests need to adjust up and down as well as the back lumbar support.
- The seat needs to fit you to insure proper lumbar support: If the seat pan is to big or the seat to high you will not be able to sit all the way back in the seat to take advantage of the lumbar support. Your back will begin to hurt over time and your posture will be poor because you will not be sitting all the way back taking advantage of the lumbar support.
- Breathable fabric is better: There is nothing wrong with fabric upholstered chairs. For the employee that works normal hours, they are great. For those that put in long hours behind their computers mesh chairs are idea. One that we sell new, the Eurotech Ergohuman is an example of a breathable chair with numerous adjustments to create comfort for you through out your long work week.
C.J. Office Furniture has over 30 years of experience in helping customers find the best desk chair to suit their needs. Contact us TODAY at 973-263-3535 OR visit our warehouse at 60 Parsippany Blvd., Boonton, NJ 07005, so we can help you make the most of you chair shopping experience.